Meeting the Millennium Goals:
6 Steps You Can Take Today
This video is my reply to a common response, "Wonderful ideals, but..'.
The 6 steps are practical actions that can go much further than rhetoric or donations.
- FIND OUT: Read more about the Millennium Goals and the targets for 2015 and the Th!nk3: Developing World blogging competition.
- PICK a GOAL: Or combine some such as building partnerships for…
- ADOPT a country or a region to focus on: Start small - Australians might choose East Timor (Timor Leste) or a Pacific nation.
- BACK a project: Follow your head and look for what works, projects with a proven track record. Or follow your heart to where ever it leads you.
The UN fact sheets are a useful place to begin.
- SHARE your ideas: Join our Th!nk3: Developing World Community online. Spread the word. Facebook and tweet away!
- JOIN a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) you trust: Oxfam and Amnesty International are international choices I can recommend from
personal experience but there are lots more. Finding a local group working in the development area may suit you better.
Thanks to Paradoxaction for the music from their track 'Dreaming'.