As a volunteer, social worker or a correspondent, apart from being ethically responsible for your work, you need to enjoy what you do, you need to have something that gets you going. There is always a silver lining, you see - I guess we are human beings after all and we can't all the time see difficult images without having a little rest. We too need to get our inspiration somewhere and be attracted to the world around us, some things have to spark our interests, we need to have our driving forces, our rewards, our dynamos, and our job satisfaction.
Here is a list of the 10 things I love most in Uganda:
- Their natural smiles (and taking photos of them)
- PASSION FRUIT !!!
- Acholi dance (this movie is a class, you need to see it!), Baganda dance and all the other shaking-shaking
- Jackfruit, passion fruit, pineapple, small sweet bananas... have I mentioned passion fruit already?
- Ugandan Music
- Boda boda and matatu (public means of transport)
- Simple, natural life in a Ugandan village
- Nature and the birds singing
- Tilapia fish and everything connected with water (white water rafting, Bujagali waterfalls, the source of the Nile)
WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY IN DEVELOPING WORLD?
Passion Fruit Image: Credits: Council of Agriculture of the Republic of China